The DIY Self Build Camper Van Conversion Blog

The thought of taking to the road to explore in a Motor Home or RV can be a very appealing one but the high costs of many factory built camper vans can stop a lot of us from experiencing this unique way of travelling.

But there is another way! with some basic DIY skills and some creative thinking, it's possible to build a campervan for just a few hundred pounds. That's exactly what I did with my van conversion.

If you want to know how to build a Motorhome / CamperVan very cheaply, without compromising on quality, then you've come to the right place. I'll show you how I converted a tired old Ford Transit Minibus, into a very stylish and comfortable Motor Home, for under £500!

Paint your CamperVan the DIY way - Roll with it!

SELF BUILD DIY CAMPER VAN CONVERSION BLOG

With summer well and truly gone, we've decided to take the camper van off the road and wrap it up to help protect it from the winter weather. Tidying up the bodywork of our newly converted camper van is something I intend to do next year as it has most of the common Ford Transit rust problems around the wheel arches etc. I considered respraying the entire body myself but I haven't really got a suitable area to do so. Then I read about some guy on one of the camper van forums who hand painted his VW camper van using Rustoleum paint and a mini roller. The results are very impressive indeed.

Take a look at this excellent article for instruction on how to hand paint your camper van.