The DIY Self Build Camper Van Conversion Blog

The thought of taking to the road to explore in a Motor Home or RV can be a very appealing one but the high costs of many factory built camper vans can stop a lot of us from experiencing this unique way of travelling.

But there is another way! with some basic DIY skills and some creative thinking, it's possible to build a campervan for just a few hundred pounds. That's exactly what I did with my van conversion.

If you want to know how to build a Motorhome / CamperVan very cheaply, without compromising on quality, then you've come to the right place. I'll show you how I converted a tired old Ford Transit Minibus, into a very stylish and comfortable Motor Home, for under £500!

I've been converted! From Minibus to CamperVan.

SELF BUILD DIY CONVERSION FROM MINIBUS TO CAMPER VAN

Well, just over 12 months and just under £500 later the bus is finally finished. I say finished but I'm sure there will be additions and improvements as time goes on. But summers here and it's now time to stop building and start using the camper van for the purpose it was created for. My partner Susannah has started a blog Journeys Close to Home so you can follow our explorations in our new motorhome.

Before I go, I'd just like to say thank you to all the readers of this blog and thanks for all your kind words, they have been very much appreciated. I really hope you've enjoyed watching the build as much as I've enjoyed doing it. If I've inspired just one person to start their own project, then this blog has been worthwhile.

See you on the road my friends :)

Here are a few final pictures of the finished bus, or should I now say campervan?


Looks a bit different to a year ago!


Final build cost £750 (give or take a few pounds)
Includes the £300 we paid for the bus.