The next step in the build is to make the seating/bed. This needed a lot of thought as there are a lot of variables to take into account, such as the lengths of the cushions, the overall width of the bus/bed, the gap between the two seating areas, storage and the overall strength.
Fortunately we were given 10 pieces of caravan bedding in various sizes, so this was a good starting point as a least I know how deep the seating area will be. Using my 3D program I eventually came up with a design that worked on all counts.
The cushions in the picture are there just for reference, we have a long cushion that will need cutting down to fit perfectly. Also around the front of the unit will be faced with thin MDF which will then be painted and the wooden sliding door runners I made will be stained the same as the floor, as will all the wood trim. I've also got to fit some handles to the sliding doors.
Next job is to make the cupboard (on the right) , which also doubles as one of the toilet walls.
Build cost so far £400.00