The above picture is the final layout we decided on and should give us maximum space while remaining comfortable and practical. Another great feature of this design is that the gas, water, waste water and toilet can all be accessed by the back doors without disturbing the living area (or letting the cats out!) Also the cab can be isolated, which will be very useful when we need to get in and out of the bus, again without letting the cats out. It also means that the cats can sleep in the cab at night (and not in bed with us!)
All I've got to do now, is turn the 3D model into a reality. The picture below shows a mock up to see how things will work out in real life. We already had the sink, fridge and toilet stored in the shed for quite some time, so it's great to finally have the chance to use them.
After seeing if all the bits are going to fit across the back of the bus it's time to start the construction process. To help pay for some of the materials needed, we managed to sell the old seats that were removed from the bus. We were also given quite a lot of useful timber to help us on our way.
Starting to look like a camper van, you wouldn't think that the water containers and gas bottle are hidden behind the unit.
Build cost so far £371.00