The conversion from a minibus to a camper van begins. The first job is to take out all the seats and flooring and check the condition of the floor pan. After close inspection there were a few suspect areas which although weren't rusted completely through, given another winter, the chances of a hole appearing seemed very likely. Now was the ideal opportunity to do some repairs. As you can see from the pictures below, the two weak places were around both rear wheel arches, so a generous patch was welded over the dodgy areas.
With the repairs done, the next job was to lay some new floor covering. We decided to use laminate flooring as this would give a practical hard wearing and easy to keep clean surface as well as being cheap! It only cost us £21.00. I used the original heavy duty hardboard and rubber matting flooring which made an excellent base for the laminate boards.
Build cost so far £341.00